Wednesday 9 January 2008

TO HOVER OR NOT?

As a child, Granma Pixie always but always made me hover over "unknown" toilet seats. Her mantra was "pixie child do not sit on a public lavatory seat" and I never did and never will. This has resulted in a by product of extraordinary strong thighs for which I will be eternally grateful - I could crack nuts with them if I wished - I don't but if I ever needed a party trick I have one up my sleeve (or leg actually).

The scene is set.

To my absolute horror I received a text from a pixie pal who was "sale shopping" the same time as me. I know that her Mother had instilled the same code of conduct when having a "wee" outside so whilst we were liaising by text on how long the Q was in Fenwicks, Monsoon, Next, M & S and other ports of call she quietly dropped a bomb shell.

So knackered was she with standing waiting to get into changing rooms etc etc that when she needed to go for a wee she ACTUALLY SAT ON THE SEAT - now the only redeeming factor in this was that she used half a roll of toilet paper to cover offending bit of black plastic.

WHY?

Surely it would have been easier to go for a cup of tea????

I rest my case. Jo darling this one is for you x

3 comments:

Haylzc5 said...

Hover!! ALWAYS HOVER!!

Most people out there are just plain minging!!

It's bad enough sitting on a bus next to someone who stinks, imagine what their "downstairs" hygene is like and imagine if it was them that sat on the loo before you did!! EW EW EW

Hayley x

Pixie said...

Thats my girl!!!!!!

Elise said...

I always hover, even when I'm drunk. Its safer that way. The thought of a nasty ass sitting on the seat before me... yuck!

xx