Monday 21 April 2008

Born Again Goth

I seem to be following in the footsteps of the traditional shampoo and set - although it is a blow dry and no rollers are involved I am getting into the habit of getting my hair "done" once a week - dear lord I sound like my Mother ~ with the exception....

My hairdressers is not any ordinary hairdressers, oh no you can get all manner of things there, candles, cards, rings etc etc and Mirrors - and not just ordinary Mirrors but to die for Gothic Mirrors. Honestly I kid you not Pixies decorated room (with stars) looked fab but now I have this big boy f**k mirror on m chimney breast - I just love it. Of course it has taken Mr P the best part of three days to line the tools up, get the "right" rawl plugs, have two tubes of liquid nails for standby and apparently we did at one stage need another pair of ladders (I went shopping after the last statement) but 2.5 days on and its up in all its glory. Apart from the fact its been put up too high and the mirror is neither use nor ornament for anyone wishing to put their lippa on - but hey does that really matter?

On the Gallery side things are going really well and although technically I am not supposed to sell I have kind of and also have had another two bookings for weddings next year.

The experiences are flooding in and I will have a lot of memories of this time. Harry Potters father (he wasn't really) but he was the spit (without the scar) and wore a floor length velvet purple coat with gold brocade that had the most amazing swish - he did smell a bit dank as though he lived in a cellar but that's a mere detail. He brought in his portfolio which consisted on women dresses as fairies in bondage and masks - delightful. I am sure Eldon Square would go for that one!

And the Toon one yesterday x

3 comments:

Polgara said...

Hey hun,
I'm fine and dandy (although a little tired shh!)
I didnt watch Britains got talent so i cant answer your question but now i am intrigued!
Glad your gallery is going well, hope you trated yourself to a kitkat and are enjoying having Mr P home
Pol x

Maxine Perella said...

it's when you start singing along to 'echo beach' by martha and the muffins and bopping up and down that i'll really starting applauding your new-found goth status ...

Elise said...

What ever you do please don't wear black lipstick! xx