Wednesday 5 December 2007

Its All Too Much

I love and hate Christmas. At the moment I am just getting over the drama of Granma Pixies TV remote control dying - the prospect of her missing Julie Andrews at Christmas was just too much. The fact that her ceiling light bulb had also gone out and I had to do a Commando like pose on the floor to try and get the TV out of standby mode with a torch was unbelievable. The fact that you can apparently buy a global remote control is hillarious - because it was bound to fail. Keying in 25 different codes for Hitachi was so much fun. It was even more fun to discover that it was the sensor that had gone on the TV and nothing to do with the remote.

Even better when my key got stuck in my front door and I was locked out, this meant having to climb over the back wall (Mr Pixie is still at sea - oh great) going through Granma Pixies (she lives downstairs) ...she is a bit deaf and couldn't hear the hysterical knocking on her door and I had left her spare key in the house......it gets better....eventually

Leaving key still in lock I "dashed" to Tesco for some of that UB40 stuff (whatever) 6 bottles of wine, 3 red, 3 white and Vodka for Granma. The oil worked a treat and the key was released but because I was up a height I found I had left a bag in Tesco (it happened to contain the new remix Rolling Stones CD that has been advertised on telly). Now our Tesco has a "funny" corner and when you combine a stressed Pixie the "funny" corner and the parking situation all becomes too much, especially when I found myself back there within 20 minutes of departure. Of course surprise surprise the missing bag hadn't been handed in - oh no ...when I got back home (now nicknamed Amityville) the bag was on the table.

Mr Pixie's comment when told the tale by email.....you are such a drama queen - oh how lucky he is to be in Trinidad xxxx

3 comments:

Elise said...

What a day Pixie, what a day!

Polgara said...

Phew! bet you wish you were in Trinidad! x

spice-the-cat said...

I once missed Julie Andrews on TV at Christmas. It was the best Christmas I ever had.