Wednesday 6 February 2008

6 Weeks of Pure Hell

Chocolate
Thorntons Fudge (I have an addiction)
Sugar
Crisps
Nuts of the salted kind
Ice cream
Biscuits
Cake

The above is what I have given up.

I do this every year and every year I crave for a Chocolate Torte - not any chocolate torte but a Marks and Spencer chocolate torte dripping with specially whipped M & S cream drizzled with champagne - or the essence of.

You will of course by now have realised that it is the start of Lent - I am not Catholic so I must be a Saddist. Every year I dream of the pounds peeling off and like a moth this little Pixie will imerge in Spring sylph like and thin - oh dream on Pix x

I want a Kitkat x

7 comments:

Polgara said...

Mmmm Kitkat!
I'm dieting too hun, not quite as harsh as lent and i AM catholic lol but i get where you are coming from xx

Kat Mortensen said...

Pixie,
I am Catholic (there seems to be a lot of us out here in bloggerland) but have yet to decide what to give up. My biggest addiction is my laptop, but it's also my work, so I can't do that. Perhaps it will have to be a television program...but it can't be Eastenders or Corrie St.! (I wish my husband would give up the EPL!) We're Canadian, but we're Toons fans! (All because of Jimmy Nail and Auf Wiedersehen Pet).
Check out my blog Poetikat's. You might find something of interest.
Kat
P.S. I'm NOT giving up chocolate!

Maxine Perella said...

just think ... a crumbly cadbury's flake ... mmm ... or galaxy, pure velvet that melts in your mouth ... shall i throw in a walnut whip for good measure?

Polgara said...

Yup me too :0(

Elise said...

You gave up chocolate and sugar?! Babe I think you've got an illness. Maybe you should see someone.

If you do it you'll be a legend!

xx

Kat Mortensen said...

How's it going with the choc-o-late, Pixie? Can you have chocolate milk?
Kat

Kat Mortensen said...

No Chocolate milk even! I couldn't do all the things on your list - maybe a couple, but not the whole list.
Thanks for visiting Poetikat's. I appreciate your comments.
I've put you in my links, would you add me to yours?
Kat