Monday 25 February 2008

Am I on my way???

My life has been turned on its head. I work in "town" have done the same job for 20 years - 5 years ago I met Mr P at the Airport after a 12 week trip. It started with a kiss and ended in an argument. He handed me a present and said "pet this is something you have always wanted"... it turned out to be a Sony Mavica 1mp Digital Camera. Well I immediately thought he had bought it for himself (as men can sometimes do). I didn't know anything about cameras let alone of the digital variety.

Out of pure bloody mindedness I took it and literally ran with the idea, the technology and the concept. To cut a very long story very short I now have a Canon 5D and my lenses are all Canon L's and I consider myself very lucky to be passionate about something.

Before Christmas I did a photoshoot for a family. The family enjoyed the experience and out of this I received a call last week asking if I would stage an Exhibition in an empty shop in a main mall of a major shopping centre for 7 weeks.

What did Pixie do ...........panicked and said no.

Apparently no is not the answer. I can only equate it to being like an animal in a Zoo for 20 years suddenly the cage door has been opened as the animal thinks sod this for a game of soldiers its a lot nicer in my cage than out there because I know it.

My cage door is open and my toe is being gently dipped..... still scared though, still wobbling but sometimes in life you just have take a leap of faith in your own ability.

Oh dear what a serious Pixie - and on a Monday too.

6 comments:

Polgara said...

Do it do it do it do it!
And show us pics of it!
GP x

Pixie said...

I take it I should do it then GP x

Polgara said...

Yes you should lol and dont worry am staying away from Chilli and secretly hoping i miss my period this week :0)
GP x

ArcticFox said...

you better jolly well pull your socks up you silly pixie and get on with it.....

exciting stuff.

FoX

Pixie said...

Thank you Mr Fox x

Elise said...

Pixie go for it! YOu only live once. Seriously go for it.

This is big! I want to see all the pics

xx