Monday 22 October 2007

The Chewing Tooth


It has taken me a whole week to come to terms with this. Brown envelope on doormat - please arrange for an appointment etc etc ...so I did - thinking that early morning appointments are at a premium so no chance of one until at least December - and what happened - a cancellation happened thats what.


So last Monday saw me in the Dentists chair at 8.30 am - I know I know.


Don't get me wrong, I am not dental phobic - I am just skint. I have already been dumped twice by NHS Dentists and have now out of necessity have gone private ........Now through the years I have managed to lose a tooth or three - please do not visualise a gummy toothless hag of a Pixie as that is not quite me(see above).
Anyway after years of porridge, weetabix and no toffee I have managed to survive but have come to realise that I only have one chewing tooth (upper right) and its getting a bit sick of being the only one in the playground.
After the all clear and before the dreaded hygenist I happened to ask what we could do about my lonely tooth. A number of options were given and discussed and I heard these words come out of my mouth before the brain engaged - so I think I have kinda sort of agreed to consider implants.
Apparently I need three so the Chewing Tooth is no longer an only tooth.
Apparently I cannot buy one at a time.
And apparently it will cost me £6,000.
I came out of there and the world has taken on a different dimension. No longer is that a fab BMW (secondhand) its is 3 teeth. No longer is that a kitchen to die for ... it is 6 teeth. My new macro lens is 1/8th of a tooth and so my life has been transformed.
I am now going to change my name to Waneta xx

3 comments:

ArcticFox said...

You know what?

They will probably pull out the single chewing tooth for about twenty quid.... end of dilemma!

We will still love you with false teeth, and you will still have money left to buy more friends!!

FoX

Pixie said...

No no that means I will always have to turn to the right when smiling and I will get a permanent crick in my delicate neck. I want to be a toffee chewer not a boiled sweet sucker x

ArcticFox said...

No comment!!

FoX