Tuesday 30 October 2007

Belligerent Bunny

You know when you are just driving along in the Pixie Mobile to B & Q and half way down the dual carriageway you spy a cute wee bunny which certainly had the potential to change the day.

Mr Pixie was definitely in save the bunny mode as we did an emergency stop, reversed and carefully sneaked up on Mr Rabbit who was busy just being a rabbit on a grass verge. Obviously an escapee and not your common or garden grey bunny, this one was a cut above the rest (in fact I am sure I had a coat of that colour in the 70's but we will not go there).

So I sat there in awe thinking 2 seconds ago we were about to go and buy wood filler now the possibility of buying a hutch instead was defintely on the cards. Problems 1 and 2 I have two Jack Russells who just adore rabbits.

My mood deteriorated quickly....if we were not in the market for hutch buying then we would have to be responsible for re-homing, veting all potential parents, feeding, watering, schooling etc etc. Oh God why did I have to open my mouth and shout "ooh look at the rabbit".

Steathily Mr Pixie crept up on our little friend whilst at the same time was rubbing his thumb and forefinger together (no idead why) maybe he knows more about rabbits than me.

The rabbit stood up in a rabbit way, looked at him and must have thought not on your life pal, I have just escaped from Colditz and I'm off.....and he hopped off into the sunset very quickly.

There is a God.

4 comments:

spice-the-cat said...

That's wild animals for you. I have a hare living somewhere close by is often in the garden at night to feed on the overspill from the bird feeders - I've only seen it out once or twice during the day - and actually managed to photograph it - more usually it's around at night when it tends to startle me by moving unexpectedly in the shadows & when I'm never 100% certain whether it's the hare or something a little bit less pleasant, like a skunk.

Re- your comment on my blog - the secret of creativity - as was once revealed by the poet and humourist Ivor Cutler - is to bypass the intellect.

Maxine Perella said...

i have a bit of a thing for bunnies. indeed, i have a house bunny called ronnie. you can view him on my blog under 'super furry animals'. he's a wee rascal, but worth the grief.

ArcticFox said...

let me get this straight..... you see a rabbit and stop the car to pick it up?? You must be outta your freakin' mixy-ma-tosing minds!!

FoX

Pixie said...

Spicey darling the rabbit was not wild - thats the point, it was a refugee, no hutch - no family - hey ho. Thankfully we do not have skunks here