Monday 29 October 2007

Sardines in the Dark

A first for Pixie ~ ..... and maybe not the last. The time has come to oil the joints EPA Fish Oil and Glucosamine Sulphate does not quite cut it. The tablets are huge and if they don't go down with the first initial rush of water, you try again and because the first go has soften the torpedos they take on a mind of their own, turn sideways and decide to melt in your throat just before forming a dam thus making any hope of dislodgement impossible. Then death.

So I have turned to Sardines. In fact I turned to a Sardine last night. My very very first Sardine ever. Problem is I am squimish - so whats with the skin??

The answer - Sardines in the Dark ...marvellous x

6 comments:

ArcticFox said...

You do know that you can get glucosamine sulphate in liquid form, to make a lemon or orange drink with, and that it's a well known fact that anything in liquid form has a much greater absorption rate than those torpedoes you mention!?!?

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/832948.html

The skin's good for you... I reckon that's where most of the oil is!! mmmmm omega 3.......

FoX

Maxine Perella said...

smells a bit fishy to me.

better not stand too close to you then!

Pixie said...

Thanks Fox - I will check it out

savannah said...

are they as good for you if theyre cooked in something? *shivering at the thought of actually eating one*
thanks for stopping by! :-)

Pixie said...

Apparently Savannah they are a wonder food - thats as long as you eat them with the lights off!!

spice-the-cat said...

I have the same problem with them. I could quite easily eat sild in tomato sauce, but I could never manage to eat a sardine - despite the fact that it's just a slightly more grown up version of the same fish.

I need to eat more fish so I might just have a go at your eating in the dark idea. I'll just make sure I'm not wearing any of my best clothes, though.