Tuesday 18 March 2008

Take Heed

I have just had the most embarrasing experience with a Dalek.

Warning - if you are in Marks and Spencers do not buy their Dalek Easter Egg especially if you plan to continue shopping and travel home on the Metro. Everytime the carrier bag touched my leg EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE reverberated the length of Northumberland Street - girls sniggered, children ran to their mothers. On the upside though I did get a seat to myself on the way home.

Hiding the offending egg in the cupboard in the kitchen I thought that was that until Baby Pixie came around on Easter Sunday - oh no. 2.00 a.m. this morning the Daleks invaded again - so now I have two very confused and frightened Jack Russells - resulting in wee all over the kitchen - nice.

So thats my tale for today. I also bought a Simnel Cake - now Mr Fox you must be able to explain the meaning behind this delight - or do I have to Google it? Also can you tell me if Lent ends at midnight on the Saturday please - I have the Kitkat at the ready and the Green and Blacks cherry Easter Egg - oh yes x

10 comments:

ArcticFox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ArcticFox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ArcticFox said...

Simnel cake is something to do with girls who worked in service (in t'olden times) who brought home a fruit cake to their mums on the fourth Sunday of lent. Originally the simnel cake was supposed to have marzipan balls on top to represent the apostles - there would only be eleven represented though because obviously at easter time, who the hell would want to be adding some marzipan to represent Judas??

As for the end of lent... it's a moot point, but it all depends on your religion!! A lot of people claim that lent actually finishes after holy thursday mass.... the period after that is simply an extension of lent, in that the rest of the time up until the end of the easter vigil are a time of penance and recollection.... some would say the fasting continues up until the end of the Easter vigil, others would fast until sometime between sunset on holy saturday and sunrise on easter sunday..... there is also a school of thought that says the fast doesn't end until the words "christ is risen" are said during catholic mass on the sunday evening I think!!

It's up to you.... I'd go for the more relaxed saturday sunset approach and hope you still get into heaven!!

FoX

Pixie said...

I knew you would know x

Maxine Perella said...

that'll teach you for being a dr who fan.

Polgara said...

I'll have a kitkat and think of you lol
GP x

Polgara said...

Did you enjoy your Kitkat??
Pol x

Elise said...

Green and Blacks Cherry! I love Green and Blacks. It makes me feel like I'm eating something luxurious! xx

Polgara said...

Where are ya Pix?
Pol (GP) xx

Polgara said...

Ok getting worried now Pix
Pol (GP) xx